The first time you setup a Plug, it is a good idea to first download the Vendor’s file and view it in Excel. This will help in locating the Vendor’s URL path, the header row, and with Plug Options. Then follow these steps to locate the complete address of the file’s location, the frequency of import, and the row the header is on:
- Start by assigning a brief name of the Plug; generally this is the name of the Vendor or Distributor the file is to be retrieved from. Plugs will list in alpha order.
- Select the Source of how to retrieve the file: either from a Website or FTP server. If unsure, submit a support ticket. Remember, the product file must be in either .csv, .txt, .xls, or .xlsx format.
NOTE: e-ProductPlug sends product images using the full Image URL provided in your Vendor file. To enter the FTP URL it must start with ‘ftp://’ and include the FTP domain, the full path to the file (sub-directories), and the file name with extension.For example: ftp.vendorstore.com/datafeedfiles/2013products.txt
- To obtain the website URL for your Vendor’s product datafeed, login to their site and go to the product datafeed download. In Windows, right click on the download link, then click on ‘Copy Link Address’ and paste it in the URL box. See Video Tutorial on File URL Retrieval.
- Select how frequently you want the vendor file data to be processed and placed into your cart (or FTP). The e-ProductPlug system begins at 2 a.m. EST and runs nightly, weekly, monthly, or up to 3x/day at 2 a.m., 9 a.m., and 5 p.m. EST. If you do not want to process the file automatically, set the plug frequency to ‘Manual’ .
- If you have opened that Vendor file and know the line the Header Row begins on for that file, select the row number. Click 'Save'.