The Plug Settings will already be populated once you have completed the form for adding a new plug. These settings can be changed if necessary, or the entire Plug can be deleted from this section.
In this section you can add/edit your Plugs' name anytime to easily tell apart your different vendors.
Different vendors have different ways of providing their data to their customers. You can use a website link or their FTP.
Link Example: www.test.com/excelfile.csv
FTP Example: ftp://ftp.test.com/excelfile.csv
- The User Name and Password we request are used to sign in onto your suppliers FTP site. Website vendor files must be publicly available without a username and password. Website files accessible through a website login will require a custom scripted file retrieval.
The plug frequency schedules how often e-ProductPlug retrieves the data from your vendor and updates your site. Frequency can be set to Manual, 3X Daily, Daily, Weekly, Monthly. You can update the frequency of your Plugs at anytime by selecting the frequency in the plug settings and clicking Save.
Our tool has the unique ability to provide our clients with different options in regards to how the data is outputted.
- Standard Plug - add products, update existing product data that is mapped, and can detect items no longer in the file.
- Advanced Options Plug - updates the inventory for the Child / Options products only. Will not add new product options. Only 3 fields are required for this: Parent ID, Child SKU, and Inventory. Contact Support to help you set this up.
- Updates Only Plug - only update existing product data that is mapped. Will not add new products.
- Variant Standard Plug* - add Shopify products and their variants grouped by product title, update existing product data that is mapped, and can detect items no longer in the file.
*Variant Standard Plugs are currently only available for Shopify users.
The Header Row indicates which row in the vendor file contains the column titles (e.g., SKU, UPC, Quantity, Title, Description, etc.). e-ProductPlug monitors your header row in case the vendor modifies the file structure to prevent data errors.